Neverfail Cooler Care Guide
We have developed a quick and easy guide to maintain the quality of your Neverfail water cooler to ensure great tasting and refreshing spring water every single time.
We recommend cleaning the cooler every 3-6 months. It is easier to do just before changing a bottle and will only take you about 15 minutes:
- Unplug the cooler, remove the empty bottle and drain any remaining water from the reservoir.
- The exterior should be cleaned first with a mild non-abrasive household detergent. Wipe the exterior dry with a soft cloth.
- Remove the spike by turning the collar and spike counter clockwise until the latch releases. Lift the collar and spike.
- Remove the plastic seal from the reservoir. Some coolers may require the removal of the cooler lid as well.
- To clean the reservoir, pour 2 litres of water into the reservoir and add 50ml of household vinegar to the reservoir. Let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Scrub the reservoir using a non-abrasive scouring sponge and the diluted solution.
- Drain the solution through the taps.
- Refill the reservoir with clean tap water and rinse thoroughly. Drain and repeat at least 3 times or until it runs clear.
- Replace the plastic seal in the correct position. Secure the spike by locking the latches in position.
- Place a new bottle on the cooler, plug in the cooler and wait 10 minutes for the thermostat to fully cool or heat the new water.
Tips For Cooler Placement & Bottle Storage
Ensure the cooler and full water bottles are not placed in the following areas:
- Ensure the cooler is not located in the following areas: direct sunlight, near machinery, plants, sources of odour, or areas prone to insects.
- Keep your cooler and the area around it free of dust and dirt.
- Empty and clean the drip tray regularly. Do not use it to dispose of tea, coffee, etc.
- Never leave your cooler spike uncovered for long periods of time, as insects or dust may enter the reservoir.
What To Do If Your Cooler Is Leaking
In most situations, there is a hair line fracture, usually not visible in the bottle, that affects the pressure and causes the bottle to leak.
This can be mistaken as a cooler leak as water will leak through your cooler. This is an easily fixable situation. Simply follow the below steps:
- Take the current bottle off of the cooler.
- Drain the cooler resevoir from the taps ensuring you have a bucket of empty bottle secured underneath the water.
- Once the cooler is completely drained of all water, leave the cooler to dry for 1 hour.
- Once the cooler is dry, simply place a brand new, unopened Neverfail Springwater bottle on the cooler.
- Mark the faulty bottle with an 'X' for your delivery driver to collect.
What To Do If Your Cooler Is Not Heating Or Cooling
If you have placed a new bottle on the cooler, please note that there is a recovery time of about 15 minutes for the thermostat. If the cooler still isn’t heating or cooling, please follow the below steps:
- Check the power point by testing it with another appliance or plug the cooler into another functioning power point.
- If problems persist, please turn your cooler off from the switch at the back of the cooler and turn off from the power point. Leave this off for 30 minutes and then turn all switches back on. The cooler should now be resetting itself and the thermostat adjusting. You should be able to use the cooler after 15 minutes
When cleaning your cooler, please make sure you:
- Always disconnect the power supply from the cooler before cleaning.
- Do not use bleach or any cleaning agents containing bleach or chlorine.
Cooler Bottle Lifting Dos And Don'ts
Lift as a team
Bend your legs
Hold bottle close to body
Don't bend at the back
Tips For Handling Stored Bottles
When handling bottles stored on an office rack or on the floor, we recommed you:
- Top Rack: Stand close and directly face bottle. Placing feet shoulder width apart. Bend at the hips first and then the knee
- Middle or bottom rack: Ensure bottle is close to your body and have a good grip on the bottle. Stick bottom out and soften knees
- On the floor: Store bottles upright. Position the bottle between your feet when lifting from ground level
- Always keep the bottle close to your body as you place it on the cooler, making sure to stand close to the cooler with your feet either side.